The fourth International Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX) will bring together leading professionals and scientists interested in evaluating multimedia quality and user experience. QoMEX is the flagship workshop of the European COST action Qualinet which serves as its technical and financial sponsor. The 2012 workshop is the first of the series to be held in the Asia-Pacific and provides new opportunities for QoMEX to explore the rich technology interests of the region. QoMEX 2012 will be held at The Sebel Heritage Yarra Valley, a luxury 4.5 star golf and spa resort. The Yarra Valley is one of the premier food and wine regions of Australia, home to the Yarra Ranges and over 100 local wineries.
Multimedia is a ubiquitous part of modern life; content is delivered on a wide variety of devices both fixed and mobile, the consumption environment can vary dramatically and increasingly users demand fulfilling interaction with their media. Evaluation, both objectively and subjectively of separate audio, video or image content is well known, but there are substantial challenges in evaluating users’ complete experiences of mixed content. This is exacerbated by the diversity of devices, interfaces, consumption environments and content prevalent in today’s market. Increasingly, evaluation approaches must include psychological, perceptual and contextual dimensions to truly represent and measure users’ experiences. Understanding how users react and perceive content and applications will inform and improve new applications and lead to improved user experiences.
QoMEX 2012 features oral presentations, exhibits, panel sessions and poster sessions, providing attendees with various opportunities to discuss the latest progress and trends in multimedia user experience. The workshop venue and format has been specifically chosen to increase opportunities for expert interaction and discussion. The proceedings of QoMEX 2012 will be published in IEEE Xplore.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Visual User Experience (Image/Video/Graphics): Objective and subjective quality evaluation, psychovisual modelling, quality‐centered processing, compression and transmission, QoE evaluation in HD and beyond.
- Auditory User Experience (Speech/Audio): Psychoacoustic modelling, quality assessment of interactive speech and audio applications/ interfaces, models and metrics for evaluation of spatial audio.
- Sensory User Experiences: Novel sensory interfaces, methods for sensory user feedback, quality metrics and assessment methods for evaluation of ambient and sensory experiences.
- QoE for Mobile Devices: device‐dependent, adaptive user interfaces, evaluating interactive experiences on mobile devices, objective and subjective evaluation on iPhone/Android/mobile multimedia applications.
- QoE for 3D Multimedia: QoE metrics and evaluation methods for 3D audio and 3D video, virtual, augmented and mixed realities, haptic interaction, other immersive modalities and interactive interfaces.
- Standardization Activities in Multimedia Quality Evaluation: Benchmarking efforts, multimedia databases/ datasets of various modalities (speech, audio, video, sensory, etc.) and fidelities (quality, bitrate, etc.), testing conditions and methods, new objective metrics and models for upcoming standards.
- Applications and Services: evaluating QoE in multimedia applications e.g., games/gamification, biomedical/telemedicine, distance education, teleconferencing/telepresence, multimedia web search/browsing, cloud‐based multimedia applications, etc.
- Submission deadline: February 14, 2012
- Notification of acceptance: April 30, 2012
- Camera ready submission: May 14, 2012
- Author registration deadline: May 30th, 2012
For more information or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at qomex2012 [at] gmail [dot] com.