Sixth International Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience
18-20 September 2014
The sixth International Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX) will bring together leading experts from academia and industry interested in evaluating multimedia quality and user experience. Coming to Asia for the first time, QoMEX 2014 will be held in Singapore, conveniently located adjacent to InterSpeech and MMSP. Prospective organizers of special sessions are invited to submit proposals as per the guidelines on the web site. Prospective authors are invited to prepare full (six pages) and/or short (two pages) papers. Furthermore, authors of recent journal papers will have the opportunity to present their work as a poster. Please refer to the workshop web site for more details. Proceedings will be published in the IEEE Xplore digital library (pending).
Topics of interest include:
- QoE Fundamentals: Understanding experience and quality formation; alternatives to MOS; quality vs. user satisfaction vs. acceptance; crowdsourcing studies; long-term quality measurement; physiological QoE assessment; emotions & QoE.
- Audio/Visual User Experience: Objective/subjective quality evaluation of speech, audio, video, multimedia; spatial/3D audio and stereo/multi-view video quality; psycho-physical modeling; quality-centered processing, compression and transmission; perceptual optimization.
- QoE in Graphics & Rendering: High-dynamic range imaging; (non-)photorealistic rendering; object/texture/motion modeling; special effects; virtual/augmented/mixed realities, games.
- Sensory User Experiences: Methods for sensory user feedback; quality metrics for ambient and sensory experiences; novel sensory interfaces; multisensory interaction.
- Interactive Systems QoE: Tele-conferencing/tele-presence; multimedia-based group inter-action; gaming; multimedia Web search/browsing; e-commerce; social media applications.
- QoE for Mobile Devices: Evaluating multimedia applications and interactive experiences on mobile devices; impact of viewing conditions and device properties; adaptive user interfaces.
- QoE-centric Network and Application Management: Distributed and central management approaches; cloud-based multimedia services; adaptive media streaming; link between QoS and QoE; interoperability; performance optimization; pricing and service-level agreements.
- Reproducible QoE Research: Multimedia databases/datasets; benchmarking and certification; testing conditions and methods; standardization efforts; open-source QoE tools.
Important Dates (tentative)
- Submission deadline: May 4, 2014 (full papers); June 29, 2014 (short paper)
- Notification of acceptance: June 15, 2014 (full papers); July 13, 2014 (short paper)
- Camera-ready submission: July 13, 2013 (full papers)
Stefan Winkler, ADSC/UIUC
Susanto Rahardja, NUS
Technical Program Co‐Chairs
Weisi Lin, NTU
Alexander Raake, TU Berlin
Zhou Wang, Univ. Waterloo
Special Session Chair
Luigi Atzori, Univ. Cagliari
Loretta Anania, EC
Ian Burnett, RMIT
Touradj Ebrahimi, EPFL/NTNU
Khaled El-Maleh, Qualcomm
Lina Karam, ASU
Patrick Le Callet, Univ. Nantes
Sebastian Möller, TU Berlin
Fernando Pereira, IST-IT
Andrew Perkis, NTNU
Amy Reibman, AT&T Labs
Peter Schelkens, iMinds/VUB
Christian Timmerer, AAU
Guangtao Zhai, SJTU
Margaret Pinson, NTIA
Pina Marziliano, NTU
Local Arrangements Chairs
Lai-Tee Cheok, SMU
Ngai-Man Cheung, SUTD